Regulations on Ukrainian Rivers Network
Approved by the participants of All-Ukrainian Seminar
вЂњPublic Participation in Conservation of Small Rivers in UkraineвЂќ
on 19 November, 2000, Kyiv
1. The Ukrainian Rivers Network (further Network) is a volunteer association of citizens, NGOs and local
to promote improvement of ecological state of small rivers and positive changes in environmental policy of Ukraine in the field of river conservation.
- unite efforts of NGOs around the problem of small river conservation;
- learn to live in harmony with nature;
- promote informational exchange among NGOs;
- promote public participation in the elaboration and realisation of environmental policy in Ukraine;
- lead broad environmental, educational and pedagogic activities;
- promote conduction of actions and campaigns concerning improvement of ecological state of rivers;
- develop international co-operation in the field of nature conservation.
4. The main governance body of the Network is a General Assembly, held annually.
The General Assembly will approve all decisions by consensus.
5. In the periods between General Assemblies, activity of the Network is
co-ordinated in such directions as informational exchange, fundraising and
organisation of General Assembly. A co-ordinator of direction will be an
organisation - member of the Network. Co-ordinators will be appointed by General
Assembly on the basis of initiative proposals of organisations - members of the